Kino Dzieci.Pro it’s a program dedicated solely to the development of scripts and production basics of films for young audiences. Our goal is to support the production of ambitious movies for children aged 4-12 years, based on the highest artistic and production standards of European cinema.
First project from previous edition of our program is already in production (“The real trouble”, dir. M. Karwowska), next project applied for funds to Polish Film Institute.
Kino Dzieci.Pro work with 8 teams (scriptwriter and producer) on participants projects. We develop the script form short synopsis to second draft of script together with production basics (estimated budget, financing and promotion plan).
Among our tutors are Philip Lazebnik (wirters tutor – scriptwriter of Dreamworks movies – ex. Mulan, Pocahontas, currently working in Europe), Kirsten Bonnen Rask (writers tutor – previously consulting scripts of Lars von Trier and Urlich Seidl, currently writer, producer and consultant of many children film, head of South Norwegian Filmcenter) and Ronald Kruschak (producers tutor – producer and writer, his films got many awards in Germany, some of them reached 1 mln. audience).
Kino Dzieci.Pro is part of Kids Film Festival which 3rd edition take place in September 2016 in 27 Polish cities and screen over 70 titles. With the youngest viewers at its core, the festival is not limited to the presentation of important, thought-provoking and interesting movies for junior audiences. It serves as a platform for exchanging experiences of people dealing with various aspects of children’s culture – creators and animators in the broad sense of the word.
More on www.kdpro.pl
is it for you?
• The program is designed for 8 two-persons teams from Poland. Each team consists of a scriptwriter and a film producer.
• Required experience:
- Scriptwriters – if you want to participate, you should have experience in scriptwriting or, if you don’t, you should have written books (preferably for children)
- Producers – if you want to participate, you have to have a registered film production company at the time of submitting an application. You should also have experience in the film industry as producer, associate producer, co-producer, executive producer, production manager or line producer
• Only people who declare full participation in all workshops and commit to accepting all the deadlines according to the official schedule can take part in our program.
• The language of workshop is English. All participants must be able to communicate in spoken and written English.
what do you get?
• Kino Dzieci.Pro program’s goal is to develop 8 full-length feature film projects (both live action and animation) for children in the age group 4 to 12 years old.
• Development of full-length feature film projects means that each team has to complete the program with a second draft of a full screenplay (about 90-pages long) and a full financial and marketing plan accompanied by a promotional package.
• The Program consists of 4 workshop sessions and 2 on-line sessions.
• First Session – Poznań: during International Children Film Festival Ale Kino! (dates of the festival 27.XI-4.XII.2016)
• Each team will have a leading scriptwriting tutor. Each tutor supports development of four projects. The tutors are: Kirsten Bonnén Rask, Philip LaZebnik. They have considerable experience of developing screenplays for young audience.
• Producers will have their own tutor, who will support the development of all projects on the production side. This tutor is Ronald Kruschak, a German producer and scriptwriter.
• During all workshops, participants will meet a number of experts on children’s cinema: scriptwriters, producers, commissioning editors from Polish and European TV stations, distributors, sales agents and psychologists.
Kino Dzieci.Pro Team
34. Ale Kino! Międzynarodowy Festiwal Filmów Młodego Widza